When we dress, we are trying to present an image that is pleasing to the eye. We want to receive those compliments that tell us that we look great
When we dress, we are trying to present an image that is pleasing to the eye. We want to receive those compliments that tell us that we look great, because then, and only then, will we believe that we do look great. This allows us to feel good about ourselves. Hence, the hunt for the perfect outfit begins and continues forever.Perhaps one of the most important reasons for having difficulty while selecting an outfit from our wardrobe would be the simple fact that the wardrobe is deficient in outfits that complement our body shape. How many times have you played the try on as many outfits as possible in 30 minutes? Game while looking for the perfect outfit to wear, only to be left with the same decision and a mountain of clothes to put away? The actual problem is not that you have nothing to wear; it is that you have nothing in the closet that flatters your stature.
So for many of us, the decision about what to wear should begin at the origin of purchase. Exactly how should you choose your outfits? Let’s start first by exploring how you currently go about selecting your clothing.You are drawn first by the colors and patterns. Your judgment are more along the lines of whether or not it will look good on you, without thinking about how will it draw attention to your body shape so that it does look good on you. Color is an important feature, and how we display it is the most important aspect of that. The goal should be to take the attention away from the aspect of our body that is the least gratifying to us and place it elsewhere. In order to accomplish this, we need to consider our body shape, decide which feature we wish to accent more, and discover how to accomplish that.
some helpful tips:
- Those of you who are top heavy and have a full bust will want to draw the eye to the lower portion of your physique. Wear a bolder color from the waist down, and a softer color above.
- If you are thin everywhere, you will want to accentuate your figure by adding dimension. You can do this by choosing outfits that are loose and flowing, and by wearing horizontal patterns.
- If you are bottom heavy and have full hips, you will want to select clothing that draws the eye to the top of your body. You can accomplish this by wearing a splash of color or a bold print on the upper part of your figure, and a solid, darker color below the waist.
- For those of you who are wide everywhere, you will want to stay away from bold patterns or prints. Draw the eye to the upper portion of your torso to create a focal point.
- Those of you who have the envied luck to have a perfect hourglass figure have the easiest path of all. Wear anything you want! Also, remember that simple clothing that fits well is far better than fancier clothing that just "doesn't look right."