Mohsin Khawar is a renowned fashion photographer and design service provider in Lahore. Mohsin has a strong hold on Architecture, Photography, Creative Writing, Fashion, Travel and Wedding Photography, Advertising Campaigns and Image Editing. He has also command over Portrait Photography, Fine Art Photography and Fashion Event Photography.
Mohsin Khawar photography portfolio provides an outstanding range from fashion, bridal, product, corporate and image building assignments.
1. Tell us about yourself and how you got started in photography?
It started as a hobby when I joined my Architecture degree. Never looked back since then and the passion kept on growing.
2. How would you describe your work to someone who has never seen it?
I’d rather call it a beautiful and passionate poem on light!
3. At what point did you realize that photography is what you wanted to do as a career?
When I won my first national award in 2009.
4. What are the biggest challenges of working in Pakistan as a Photographer?
Unprofessionalism, lobbying and exploitation of new entrantsare some common experiences.
5. Your projects are a collaborative process. Tell us what it is like to always be working with new stylists, models, and designers.
It’s wonderful as we learn a lot from each other and I believe in team work!
6. What kind of impact do you hope to make in the fashion world in the next 10-15 years?
A day will come soon, Insha Allah, when a single photograph from our firm will make/launch an entire brand from nothing to a success story. We are working on it!
7. What does fashion mean to you?
It’s just an option in one’s living style.
8. What projects are you working on now?
We are working on a few designer shoots these days. We recently completed the summer campaign for Origins and also the shoots for Pakistan Super Star.
9. How much equipment do you typically bring to a photo-shoot?
Everything that is required from crew to equipment. We do not compromise on quality!
10. What are the biggest challenges facing you now?
Not much. I am loving what I am doing and the way my firm is progressing. We have been getting wonderful feedback from our clients.
11. Many regard you as among the hottest young fashion photographers in the city. What advice do you have for the next generation of photographers?
Capital investments may diminish but talent and passion is forever!
12. What photographers from the past or present have influenced you the most?
I think Guddu Shani are doing wonderful work here in Pakistan. Across the border I really like TarunVishwa and Bharat Sikka.
13. What makes a great fashion photograph?
I prefer models who can act. Their expressions can make an art piece out of a simple capture. And of course the most important aspect is light!
14. Of all the images you’ve made so far in your career, which is your favorite and why?
My favorite is DREAM. It was an adventure shot where I almost got run over by two wild horses. It won me an award and two international mentions.
15. What’s the most important thing you want potential clients to know about you?
We can make your name a brand!
16. Who is your favorite model?
I don’t have favorites in models. I know how to get what I want from my shoots.
17. Favorite camera and lens?
Canon 5d Mark II and 85mm.
18. Do you think any other photographer copies you?
Artists can never be copied. They can only inspire others!
19. Who do you think is your competitor in the photography industry?
Every last project of mine!
20. 3 hidden secrets behind your success that your fans don’t know about you?
Passion, Honesty and a lot of Hard work!
21. Describe Mohsin Khawar in three words?
Perfectionist, Perfectionist and a Perfectionist!
22. Favorite hobby?
23. Last awkward moment?
Cannot think of any. Life has not really been awkward in my career so far.
24. Any celeb crushes? 😉
It keeps on varying but here is a little list. Cobie Smulders, Deepika Padukone, Nargis Fakhri and Emmanuelle Chriqui.
25. Anything you want to share about your family and friends?
Family is the most important aspect of my life and I keep very few friends and have them with me since childhood. Both my family and friends have always been there for me. They have supported me in thick n thin and I hope they stay in my life forever.
Mohsin Khawar is one of the leading fashion and event photographer and has a wide exposure of national and international arena of fashion with huge clientele.